Thursday, February 09, 2006

Why the mood swings?

Why the mood swings?
I am clearly noticing myself. My mood changes every week. If I am high on this week, I will be low the next week, vice versa. Everything remains the same, every week my mood swings between high and low.

When ever I am high, I love to read, I love to speak, I love to write, I love to watch movies, I love to go for walk and I love to work in the office, I feel good about everyone, I feel ambitious, I feel strong, I feel busy on my schedule.

Suddenly all of the above disappears from my mind. Everything appears uninteresting in life. Suddenly I start thinking about what I am missing. Laziness creeps into life. Thoughts become wild, obsessive. Getting angry with someone I am afford to. Start worrying about future.

When I am in present, my thoughts are either in the past or in the future. When I am sitting at the home, my thoughts are in office, when I am in Saudi Arabia, my thoughts are in India… Always, my thoughts are somewhere else not with the “self”. I remember a story.

One person went to a “Rishi” and asked him, “I am also taking bath, you are also taking bath, I am also eating, you are also eating, I am also sleeping, and you are also sleeping. What’s the difference between you and me?” The “Rishi” replied that when I am taking bath, I think about bath, when I eat, I think about food, when I sleep, I am deep in my sleep. “Meditation at work!” That’s the difference. Simple answer!! But I could realize how much difference it makes to life.
Physically, when we are able to be at only one place, mentally we are omnipresent. The biggest riddle in human life! Human nature!! If, I solve this riddle one day, then I will become the rishi.
But at present, I could appreciate the greatness of nature. It shows me both up and down swings. Without one, I may not understand another. But if I don’t have downswing, there is no upswing for me, vice versa. I am in down swing. Next it’s going to be upswing for me. I am happy, I am natural.

No comments: