Saturday, February 18, 2006

How much should I earn?

Yesterday, I met a person, who is my friend’s friend. He is from west Bengal, But with British citizenship, working in Gulf. Suddenly, he asked me,” whether Kodaikanal is good or Ooty is good?” I thought he might have decided to go for a vacation and started comparing both these places as a tourist spot. But he told me that he is looking for some Holiday home in these places? I was taken aback for a moment. He started asking more information on regulations, infrastructure availability, nearest airports, shopping facilities in both the places. I told him that I don’t have any idea/experience on the above subject and I’ll get back to him once I get the information.

A Holiday home!! Hmm... Nice to have it!! A good place to spend retirement life peacefully… Till Now, I have not given thought about that. Today, it has been added to my wish list. My wish list is growing much faster than me. A home in the wish list has been changed to a Holiday home.
Similarly, A cycle changed to a bike, A bike changed to a car, A small car changed to a sedan. The wish list keeps on changing. Changes faster than my earning changes! Always put pressure on my earnings. How much should I earn? Have I taken this life only for earning? Please save me, I am becoming too much materialistic.



1 comment:

ranjith said...

i love my native place kamuthi,i hav missed my school life(knhss)i regard for that.