Monday, February 06, 2006

How to face a Pakistani colleaque, when India is loosing the match against Pakistan?

“India Vs Pakistan”- When we say this, a kind of excitement, expectation, emotions catches up. Both the teams are considered to be arch rivals in the cricket world. Tension builds up automatically, when both the teams are equivalently positioned for winning. It’s not considered simply a sport, but something beyond that.

In my office, I have Pakistani colleagues. I won’t say we are very close to each other. But at least we do maintain a professional relationship.

Definitely both of us have the same fervor for our national team. Nothing wrong! But when we are too much emotional on the result it makes the environment depressing. We try not to show it off. But it’s reflected in the moods. It’s definitely a tricky situation.

Today it happened. I is sitting in the office. My Pakistani colleaque is just two seats away. Both of us are looking at the NDTV score card. India Lost.
Given the choice, When India is lost, I wish to express the anger against the players/teams/incidents openly. But it could not be done. Because, there is a person in front of me, exactly with opposite feelings…I know my criticism, comments are not going to be genuine. It’ll be just venting out the feelings.

With the thought of avoiding him, I started going out for a round. Unfortunately there is another Pakistani colleague is coming. Oh! God! Why today all the Pakistani’s are coming in my way? Shit! He smiles. He is saying “Hi… “in high sprits. I know he has the reason. Sticking to the professional code of conduct, I have to say a “Hi...” with a smiling face. But at the same time, frustration increases inside. Come on ! Words are not coming out. Hmmmmm...... after taking a deep breath, my “Hi…” comes out from a heavy heart on a smiling face.

I couldn’t imagine how the situation would have been during the war times….

2 comments:

ashok said...

good post..i feel exacty the same.most of my collegues are pakistani too

ashok said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.