Tuesday, April 11, 2006

When I missed my mobile...

Today I lost my mobile. Last I saw that when I was returning from office to home by the office van. I should have missed that in the van itself. Tomorrow I have to check in the van. Insha Allah! It’ll be good if I get it once again.

Suddenly I have been isolated from my world. My mom would be calling me, my would be -wife would be calling me; she may be sending sms also. She may get surprised on seeing no reply from me.

I went to a booth and informed my mom about the loss and asked her to inform my sister and my would-be wife also. My mom as usual expressed in desperation “when you are going to be careful with your things?”

The biggest mistake is that I am not maintaining any telephone diary. Also, I am not remembering any number except very few numbers which I have been using for long time. I remember my house no, I remember my dad’s no. Other than that I remember my office no. I am not remembering the bus driver no. I am not remembering any of my co-passengers no. All those numbers are in the mobile. Now that mobile is missing.

Before the arrival of mobile phones I used to remember a lot of my no by heart. Because, every time I was dialing from the landline phone. That made me to memorize the numbers. Nowadays I have hardly used the landline phone except the office intercom. I just select the contact person in my mobile and press the button “call”. Technology made me to be lethargic. Not to blame technology! I have become so lethargic with exploitation of technology.

I am so stupid that I have not given any number other than my mobile no to anyone. I am not able to imagine, if I get into some deep trouble and my mobile is not with me, I might not have been able to call anyone except my home in India while I am living in Saudi Arabia.

I am little prepared for a situation like loss of mobile phone. But I studied risk management and practice that in our investment appraisals. I was co-coordinating for emergency preparedness in my earlier job in a chemical plant. It'sCrazy! I don’t know how they gave me the job.
P.S : Its unbelievable. I got the mobile next day. The driver found the mobile in the bus and gave me the next day morning...

1 comment:

Mysorean said...

Magesh,

I have lost count of the number of mobiles you have lost man!

Your would-be wife will be reading your blog na? She will know you have lost your cell phone. Don't worry. Or mail me her number, I will let her know! :)

I am going to give you some publicity by announcing your blog on my blog. Let's see if that helps in getting some traffic to your blog!